Important Information before Purchase
- This tour is available in two departure times: 09:00 and 11:15. Please pay attention to the departure time when making your booking.
- The departure dates for this itinerary are on Everyday. Please note that you need to make a reservation for the itinerary before 12:00 PM three days prior to the departure date. For example, if the departure is on 6/11 (Sunday), you need to complete the booking by 12:00 PM on 6/8 (Thursday).
- The meeting point for both departures is in front of the Lion Travel Service (near Taipei Main Station North Exit 2). The tour will conclude at Taipei 101. Please take note of this information.
- A go for individual travelers, and each group will be accompanied by a Mandarin, English, or Cantonese-speaking guide.
- Riding the Pingxi Line train will require an additional cost, which is not included in the tour package.
- Please note that this tour does not provide bus seat selection service.
- However, for Taiwan's official holidays lasting three days or more, the tour is available in two departure times: 09:00 and 11:15. For holiday-specific itineraries, please book the "Exclusive Holiday Tour - Individual Trip, Departing from Taipei" New Taipei 1-Day Tour | Jiufen | Houtong | Shifen (Mandarin/English/Cantonese Guided Tour) package.
The fee includes
- 【Tour Guide】A Mandarin, English, or Cantonese-speaking guide will provide explanations and commentary throughout the tour.
- 【Transportation】Round-trip transportation fees, including tolls and road expenses, will be provided based on the final number of participants and assigned vehicle type. The tour duration is approximately 8 to 9 hours.
- 【Insurance】The tour includes travel industry liability insurance with coverage of up to NTD 5 million for accidental death or disability and up to NTD 200,000 for accidental medical expenses (actual expenses reimbursed). For passengers under 15 years old or over 70 years old, the maximum coverage for accidental death or disability is limited to NTD 2 million, and the medical expenses coverage remains at NTD 200,000 (actual expenses reimbursed).
｜Departure at 9:00 AM
Gathering at the Lion Travel Service (near Taipei Main Station North Gate) at 8:50 AM, departure at 9:00 AM. Visit the Golden Mountain City - Jiufen, then proceed to Houtong. From Houtong, take the Pingxi Line train to Shifen Station and explore Shifen Old Street. Depart from Shifen Old Street. Arrive at Taipei 101 at around 17:00 to 18:00.
｜Departure at 11:15 AM
Gathering at the Lion Travel Service (near Taipei Main Station North Gate) at 11:05 AM, departure at 11:15 AM → Shifen Old Street → Take the Pingxi Line train at Shifen Station → Arrive at Houtong Station and visit Houtong Cat Village → Jiufen - The Golden City → Arrive at Taipei 101 around 19:30.
※The itinerary schedule provided is for reference only. Itinerary sequence may be adjusted depending on road conditions or the number of visitors.
Jiufen, with its majestic mountains and expansive sea views, is a highly recommended destination. It offers breathtaking landscapes throughout the seasons, from spring to winter, during clear days, rainy days, sunrise, sunset, and even at night. Whether it's through windows facing the sea, balconies, or the streets, you can enjoy the ever-changing natural scenery and the towering beauty of Jilong Mountain, along with the wide expanse of the blue harbor coastline.
｜Houtong Cat Village
During the Japanese colonial period, Houtong was a thriving coal mining and gold panning town. Today, it has faded away from its former glory. However, thanks to the friendly care of local residents and the efforts of volunteers, the community's cats have become the highlight of this small town. Houtong Cat Village has even been recommended by CNN as one of the top six cat destinations in the world. The cats here are gentle, friendly, and not at all shy. Their playful antics bring joy and surprise to visitors who come to this charming village.
｜Experience a ride on the Pingxi Line train (NT$15 fee required)
The Taiwan Railway Pingxi Line has a history of over a hundred years since its opening in 1921. During the Japanese colonial period, the line was constructed to transport coal mined along the route. In the 1980s, with the closure of coal mines and population decline, the line faced financial losses, and Taiwan Railways had considered discontinuing its operation. However, thanks to the active efforts of local residents, it was preserved and transformed into a tourist-oriented route.
｜Shifen Old Street
The main feature of Shifen Old Street is the connection between the old street and the railroad tracks, allowing visitors to experience the novelty of "trains passing in front of the doors" and the fun of strolling along the tracks. The old street is bustling and diverse, offering the opportunity to buy a sky lantern and write wishes for oneself and loved ones, offering blessings. The nearby Shifen Suspension Bridge is also a popular spot for visitors to pause and capture memorable photos.
What are the characteristics of the itinerary departing at 11:15?
｜Departing at noon, allowing you to leisurely enjoy the itinerary.
Typically, the itineraries to Jiufen and Shifen start around 9 AM, requiring esteemed guests to wake up early and depart from their homes or hotels to the designated meeting point. However, this itinerary is specially arranged to depart from Taipei Station at 11:15 AM. This allows you ample time to enjoy breakfast and avoid the congested traffic, ensuring a leisurely start to your day's journey!
｜You can enjoy the charming scenery of Jiufen both during the day and in the evening at once.
The typical group itineraries to Jiufen usually plan to arrive around noon. However, the evening scenery of Jiufen is also quite charming. Beyond the old streets, you can gaze at the distant Keelung Islet, Elephant Rock, and the illuminated ships at sea during the twilight. Within the old streets, places like Ah Mei Teahouse and surrounding stores adorn their lights around 17:30 to 18:00, creating a distinctive and fascinating spectacle worth witnessing firsthand.